<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 31, 2009

2008 (belated) end of the year round up.

I read 80 adult fiction books, 10 adult non-fiction, 45 YA, 5 graphic novels, and 6 essay collections for a total of 146 books which I believe is my highest total since I started keeping track.

My 10ish favorites (in vague order of when I read them):

1. Someday This Pain Will Be Useful To You by Peter Cameron. I ran right out and bought myself a copy as soon as I finished it.

2. Black Swan Green by David Mitchell. I'd been saving this one because I knew I'd love it. I love all his books.

3. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Probably the best mystery I read this year.

4. The Feminine Mistake: Are We Giving Up Too Much by Leslie Bennetts. Fascinating and thought-provoking.

5. Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O'Malley. I love them all.

6. Getting The Girl by Susan Juby. This one made me laugh more than anything else I read this year.

7. The Speed Of Dark by Elizabeth Moon. And this one made me cry more than anything else I read this year.

8. The Thief, The Queen Of Attolia, and The King Of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. The first one is good and the next two are even better.

9. Perdido Street Station by China Mieville. Fascinating world and a genuinely scary thriller.

10. PopCo by Scarlett Thomas. What other novel includes a list of prime numbers and a recipe for cake?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?